Embedded within the operational structure of the coalition, the CoARA Boost project has a pivotal role in advancing CoARA’s mission in the worldwide reform of assessment of research, researchers, and research organisations with the intent to recognise diverse outputs, practices and activities that will maximise the overall quality and impact of research. The initiative provides critical means to bolster CoARA’s ramp-up and is opening new pathways for research assessment models and policies.
Main actions of the CoARA Boost project include:
- Strengthening the operational support to the coalition, including the sharing of information and knowledge, awareness raising
- Cascading grant mechanism to contribute to institutional changes to a significant number of organisations of different types and across geographical areas; at least 50 projects will be funded from a total budget of 2.75 million €
- Contributing to the implementation of institutional changes for reforming research assessment, including supporting signatories in compiling and executing on their action plans towards the achievement of the agreed 10 commitments
- Providing assistance to Working Groups in their exploration of new models of research assessment
- Expanding the outreach of European efforts to reform research assessment by growing the membership of CoARA globally and enforcing international cooperation on evolutions in research assessment