First meeting of CoARA’s Steering Board
CoARA’s new Steering Board, elected at the CoARA Constitutive Assembly, gathered for the first time online, on Friday 16 December. Next to the general Assembly of Members, the Steering Board is CoARA’s main governing body. Chaired by Rianne Letschert, it has 11 members, originate from a diverse set of organisation types:
- Rianne Letschert, Chair (nominated by Maastricht University, Universities of The Netherlands and the Young European Research Universities Network – YERUN)
- Elizabeth Gadd, Vice-Chair (nominated by INORMS Research Evaluation Group) )
- Karen Stroobants, Vice-Chair (nominated by the Marie Curie Alumni Association and EuroScience)
- Lidia Borrell-Damián (Science Europe)
- Paul Boyle (European University Association)
- Yensi Alejandra Flores Bueso (Global Young Academy)
- Matthias Koenig (German Research Foundation – DFG)
- Eva Mendéz (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Menico Rizzi (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes – ANVUR)
- Sylvie Rousset (French National Centre for Scientific Research – CNRS)
- Toma Susi (Initiative for Science in Europe – ISE)
The Steering Board is a collegial body that aims to take its decisions by consensus. It is responsible for the overall oversight, strategy, work plan and sustainability of the CoARA. The Steering Board acts and decides on input from the CoARA members and other Coalition bodies.
Call for additional secretariat support
In line with the announcement made at the CoARA Constitutive Assembly meeting, and following the first CoARA Steering Board meeting held on Friday 16 December, we are pleased to announce that ESF Science Connect and the CoARA Steering Board are opening a call for additional secretariat support. This call has for main objectives to bring additional insight and to strengthen the operational capacity to support the coalition. The deadline of this call is 19 January at 16.00 CET. It is open to CoARA members as well as (validated and to be validated) signatories to the Agreement on Reforming Research Assessment. You’ll find here the call for volunteers text and details.
Is your organisation not yet a signatory or a CoARA member? Sign the CoARA Agreement! Open for signature by organisations from across the world, including organisations without legal personality.